The EWIS (Electrical Wiring Interconnection System) Interoperability Forum (EWIS-IF) is a domain specialization within the MBx-IF.
The objectives of the EWIS-IF are to speed up the development of Electrical wiring harness information data interfaces based on ISO 10303 AP242 ed2 .
The EWIS-IF is composed of industries representatives (the users) and electrical tools providers (the implementers) that will work together to improve STEP AP242 ed2 electrical translator quality and decrease translator time-to-market
The EWIS Interoperability Forum is organized in two groups:
- The Users Group, composed of industries representatives, that defines the priorities of implementation of the STEP AP242 ed2 Electrical Harness interfaces through the definition of use cases & test cases.
- The Implementer Group, composed of electrical tools providers, that is in charge of:
- The implementation & validation of STEP Electrical recommended practices
- The Interoperability test rounds
- Physical meetings in parallel of the MBx-IF meetings
- Kick off confcal of the Electrical “User Group” in April 2019
- The 1st test round of the EWIS-IF has started in September 2019
- 2 Test Rounds are planned in 2020
Scope of the next test rounds
The scope of the 1st test round is te following:
- Electrical Harness assembly structure & BoM
- Electrical parts (wire, cable, connector, lug...)
- Electrical Harness assembly
- Electrical par occurrences
- Electrical Harness topology (branches and nodes)