The EWIS (Electrical Wiring Interconnection System) Interoperability Forum (EWIS-IF) is a domain specialization within the MBx-IF.
The objectives of the EWIS-IF are to speed up the development of Electrical wiring harness information data interfaces based on ISO 10303 AP242 ed2.
The EWIS-IF is composed of industries representatives (the users) and electrical tools providers (the implementers) that will work together to improve STEP AP242 ed2 electrical translator quality and decrease translator time-to-market.
The EWIS Interoperability Forum is organized in two groups:
- The Users Group, composed of industries representatives, that defines the priorities of implementation of the STEP AP242 ed2 Electrical Harness interfaces through the definition of use cases & test cases.
- The Implementer Group, composed of electrical tools providers, that is in charge of:
- The implementation & validation of STEP Electrical recommended practices
- The Interoperability test rounds
- Physical meetings in parallel of the MBx-IF meetings
- The results of the 1st test round of the EWIS-IF has been presented in March 2020
- The 2nd test round of the EWIS-IF has started in September 2020